RE: Shear Walls

Thanks to your advice. I decided to connect the shear walls to the SMRF.
This would result in smaller columns since lateral deformations and forces
will be counteracted more by the walls. But this option would require a
thorough analysis since the shear walls might cause unbalanced rigidity,
making the structure twist more and not deflect laterally. Well, I can
handle that. That's why they call us STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS.