Re: ICBO California Legislative Alert

I have to echo Roger's sentiments on the IBC.  I got a copy of the "Final
Draft" of the IBC.  I am reluctant to read any document that I can't lift.
>From the comments I'm seeing on UBC '97 seismic provisions, I wonder if
anyone can "get it right".

Is there any hope of "progressing toward the past"?  Even tho' we can
generate numbers to incredible precision, are we really getting a better
design -- especially when we are trying to hit a moving target?  Could it
be that "best available technology" is no better than slide-rule-accuracy?

I confidently predict a field day for attorneys, and foul weather for
engineers.

My 2 cents,

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561