Reply: ICBO California Legislative Alert

Roger makes good points about the confusing nature of the so called "common
code format", it does take a bit of getting used to the decimal numbering
system and where things are located compared to prior alphanumeric system.

I cannot agree to the rallying cry to stop the IBC.  There has been
significant effort put into the code development, at least four years now to
sort through the "other" codes (BOCA and SBCCI) for commonalities and most
important the leniencies from one code compared to the other.

For everyones information; the IBC chapter 16 is based on the SEAOC blue book
which carries over from our UBC.  Don't be too hasty in turning down the IBC.

Jim Fruit, AIA
Carl Mileff and Associates, Inc.
Building Code Services