Re: Re: U. L. Steel Beam Substitution

seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org,Internet writes:
In the 1997 Std. Building Code (Tbl 709.5.2) W/D ratios are tabulated for
many common W shapes down to W4x13.
Email me directly and I will be glad to fax a copy.

Hal Riddle
hriddle(--nospam--at)scana.com

Thank you Hal.  I discovered this table just before I read your email.  I
also see in section 709.5.2.2.1 I can substitute lighter beams by increasing
the thickness of the fireprotection.  I never had to deal with this problem
in this depth so I was not familiar with this section.

Thanks for your help!

PS:  You all can ignore my Seismic email message now!  :o)

Richard Lewis, P.E.
Missionary TECH Team
rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org