Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Re: U. L. Steel Beam Substitution[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Re: U. L. Steel Beam Substitution
- From: rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org (Richard Lewis)
- Date: 30 Mar 1999 16:24:55 GMT
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org,Internet writes: In the 1997 Std. Building Code (Tbl 709.5.2) W/D ratios are tabulated for many common W shapes down to W4x13. Email me directly and I will be glad to fax a copy. Hal Riddle hriddle(--nospam--at)scana.com Thank you Hal. I discovered this table just before I read your email. I also see in section 709.5.2.2.1 I can substitute lighter beams by increasing the thickness of the fireprotection. I never had to deal with this problem in this depth so I was not familiar with this section. Thanks for your help! PS: You all can ignore my Seismic email message now! :o) __________________________________________________ Richard Lewis, P.E. Missionary TECH Team rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org The service mission like-minded Christian organizations may turn to for technical assistance and know-how.
- Prev by Subject: RE: U. L. Steel Beam Substitution
- Next by Subject: UBC
- Previous by thread: RE: U. L. Steel Beam Substitution
- Next by thread: Stainless Steel Bolts