Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Masonry Strength Design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Masonry Strength Design
- From: "Constantine Shuhaibar" <csh(--nospam--at)soha.com>
- Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 17:48:52 -0800
What is the maximum reinforcement ratio ? 0.5 rho b per 2188.8.131.52(.5) UBC Section 2184.108.40.206 limits rho=0.5 rho(bal) for slender walls. Is this limit applicablle to beam design? Yes. MIA Handbook has strength design tables with 0.75 rho(bal) limiting value. Can this limit be used for masonry beam design. The design tables have a foot note indicating 75% limit per UBC Sec. 1910.3.3 ( Concrete). Is there any mention in UBC to use 75% limit for masonry design? No. Is the strength design limited to slender wall? No.
- Prev by Subject: Masonry Strength Design
- Next by Subject: Match Temperature curing
- Previous by thread: Masonry Strength Design
- Next by thread: Response Spectrum Analysis