Response Spectrum Analysis

I'm having a problem with regards to the seismic analysis of structures
using response spectrum analysis. We usually use this dynamic analysis for
multi-storey structures. For 5 storey-high structures and below, we use the
UBC minimum lateral force procedure which normally gives a conservative
value of EQ forces.

With regards to response spectrum analysis, using STAAD or ETABS, there is a
portion there which requires a a value like the SCALE of the forces. I know
of some who input on this blindly like using a value of 4.445 or something.

I commonly use the value obtained from the dynamic base shear divided by the
base shear from the minimum Lateral Force Procedure of UBC.

Am I right on this or have I missed out some things. I tried to read other
materials but it doesn't mention the scale to be used?

Any reply, comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,