Re: Horizontal plywood diaphragms

David -

I've never seen horizontal values for a 48" span of unblocked 3/4" plywood,
which doesn't mean they don't exist.  You may try calling APA.  As a side
note, I think that 3/4" plywood is only rated to span 48" maximum for roof
vertical loads when the edges are blocked, unless you use T&G plywood or
panel clips.  See Table 23-I-S-1 in the 1994 UBC.  This may force the
blocking issue anyway.

Bruce Resnick, SE
Parker Resnick Str. Eng.

In a message dated 4/2/99 10:42:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time, DHLAssoc(--nospam--at)aol.com