RE: Minimum column thickness

Dear Glauco,
my recomendation is to use the minimum thikness between:

1. The lower limit of the thicknes that prevents buckling.
2. the thickness considering the dimension of the arid on the mix of
concrete.
3. Obviously  an adecuate dimension that consider a safe service stress
amount.

It is not less important the enviromental exposure of the element. If it is
agressive i sugest to increasse the recover of the member

Rodrigo Delgado Zirpel
dconltd(--nospam--at)entelchile.net

----------
> De: Glauco <glauco(--nospam--at)cenpes.petrobras.com.br>
> A: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Asunto: Minimum column thickness
> Fecha: Lunes 5 de Abril de 1999 12:14 PM
>
> Dear Sirs;
>

> What do you use for minimum thickness in a Concrete column?
>
> Would you use a 90 mm colunm thickness (the colunm is 90 mm x 200 mm and
3 m
> height, kL = 3 m) and carries 40 kN (the compressive strenght is 15 MPa)?
It