RE: Tapered Frame Design Software

I would assume the TX & SD companies are Loeske and MBS, respectively?  You
can purchase the Loeske (Precision Plus) is modular; so you can purchase
only the design portions and not the detailing portions.  I looked into
these programs a year or two ago.  For the cookie cutter box buildings, the
programs produce results in fifteen minutes or less.  As a result, I talked
to several engineers that were charging $350.00 for a 30x40 box.  It takes
alot of building to pay for the software.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.