Descon Software

I am still looking for a decent windows-based structural steel connection
design program.  Recently, I received information on two programs from
OmniTech Associates in Oakland, CA:  DESCON WIN 1.0 and DESCON BRACE 1.0.
The former is for design of steel connections (i.e., beam-column), and the
latter is for design of braced frame connections (i.e., diagonal braces).

Does anyone have any experience with either of these programs.  What is your
recommendation?

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Sunny Dallas, Texas

The goal of every engineer is to retire without
getting blamed for a major catastrophe!
                                    ... Dilbert