RE: Drew in Texas

Title: RE: Drew in Texas

Howdy Drew:

Let me be the first to welcome you to "Big D", and to invite you to join SEAoT, even though the last thing we need are any more local structural engineering firms.  Where is your office here?  Why is it only a branch office?  With time, I'm sure that it will become your headquarters!

To fit in, you will need to learn how to speak Texan.  It is similar to English, but with a few important improvements, like:

Howdy (hello)
Fixin' To (going to)
Right Quick (pretty soon)
Y'all (he, she, you, them, it, etc.)

Example:  "Howdy Drew, I'm happy y'all are fixin' to move to the Metroplex right quick, and look forward to meetin' y'all real soon."

Also, be sure to buy a pair of boots and a pickup truck or suburban ASAP.

Regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Vice President
*******************************
HALFF ASSOCIATES, INC.
Engineers*Architects*Planners
8616 Northwest Plaza Drive
Dallas, Texas  75225
Phone:    (214)346-6280
Mobile:   (214)236-9696
Fax:      (214)739-0095
Email:    scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com
Website:  http://www.halff.com