Re: Digital Camera

The Sony is the only one that records the picture directly on a 3.5" diskette, everyone else uses special memory chips.  So while the chips are smaller, you either have to buy a supply of them or spend the time to transfer the pictures to your pc.  On a long inspection (or vacation), either of those can be a royal pain.

The Ricoh yields excellent pictures.  For all I know they all do, but I had a project recently that was 2000 miles away, and the pictures emailed to me from the site were wonderful.

Don't buy until you need to.  Prices are constantly going down while features go up.

Have fun, and keep us posted on what you learn.

Phil