Catenary Shape

I'd like to find a thorough reference on catenaries.  Specifically, I need to
be able to determine the shape of a flexible tension element as a function of
the load that it supports.

Actually, I'm working on strengthening an existing unreinforced stone dome
roof.  The profile of the neutral axis of a dome as a compression element,
regardless of its shape, has the shape, inverted, of a flexible tension
element supporting the same load.

This is more fun than metal-plate-connected roof trusses -- IMHO.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer