Subject: IBC Hearings
Author:  "Constantine Shuhaibar" <csh(--nospam--at)soha.com> at fdinet
Date:    4/8/99 10:18 AM

Someone who attended the structural session of the IBC code hearings in
     Costa Mesa last month reported that West Coast influence was
     diminished by a very poor showing of CA building officials and diluted
     by an obvious lack of unity, especially among engineers.
     SEAW and SEAOC seemed in direct opposition on many issues and SEAOC Code
and SEAOC Seismology even disagreed.  West Coast building
     officials weren't unified either, resulting in disapproval of many
     code change proposals submitted from this part of the country.  Did
     anyone else who attended come away with a different perception?