RE: Building Code for the State of Florida

Generally, Yes  (except in south Florida).  You can find which code is
currently adopted by the local government you're interested in, by going to
http://www.municode.com/ .   Find the city/county and then search their
ordinances for "building code".   By the way, If you see reference to a new
Florida Statewide Code, that is something being developed.  I understand
that it won't be issued for at least another year.

Ed Marshall, PE
Atlanta