Re: Economy Drafting Software

We bought IntelliCAD ($350) as our "second copy" of AutoCAD ($2,800).  I've
found that IntelliCAD does an excellent job of reading and writing to ACAD
format, with no known translation problems.  We had a huge drawing that kept
locking up and committing "FATAL ERRORS" when we tried to open it with
AutoCAD (where it was created).  We used IntelliCAD to open it, then
immediately saved it.  Then AutoCAD was able to open it again.  Pretty weird,
but at the time it was greatly appreciated!
Jan Harris, PE
Liberty Engineering, PC
Virginia Beach, VA