RE: A588 STEEL

You can certainly do this (substitute painted A588 for painted A36), but
A588 will almost certainly cost more. If so, and if you're going to paint
it anyway, I don't see any advantage to using A588. Maybe you have another
reason in mind for doing so.

The real advantage in using A588 is the elimination of painting
requirements (and cost!). But given your exposure (coastal and salty), this
may not be an option. I suggest that you talk to the material supplier
about the suitability for your application.

Charlie