From: Lanny J. Flynn <flynn(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: What Owners Want From Structure
Date: Wednesday, April 14, 1999 1:58 PM

I'm trying to put together a list of the key issues that are addressed for
certain building types when the decision of the structural system is made.
Any additional items you can add to the list will be greatly appreciated.
    a.. Office buildings
        a.. Floor Vibration
        b.. Maximize rentable space
        c.. Column Free
        d.. Maximize window area to floor area (everyone wants a window
seat)
        e.. Ease of modification during and after const.
        f.. Resale
        g.. Speed
        h.. Cost
        i.. Fire Resistance
    b.. Assembly buildings
        a.. Long span
        b.. Sound Resistance
        c.. Aesthetics
        d.. Flexibility for different uses
        e.. Cost
        f.. Speed
        g.. Fire Resistance
    c.. Medical
        a.. Essential Facilities ? Safe
        b.. Vibration
        c.. Sound Transmission
        d.. Adaptable to equipment modifications
        e.. Expansion
        f.. Durability
        g.. Fire Resistance
    d.. Hotel/Condo
        a.. Low Floor to Floor
        b.. Sound Resistance
        c.. Column Free Lobbies
        d.. Aesthetics
        e.. Cost
        f.. Speed
        g.. Integration of Structure with façade
        h.. Fire Resistance
    a.. Parking Structures
        a.. Durability
        b.. Cost