Re: Holes for galvanized bolts

Of my few run-ins with people wanting larger holes for galvanized parts I did
realize one thing.  Every fabrication problem was blamed on the 1/16" holes.
As I pointed out to them, I seem to recall fit-up problems on a bunch of jobs
that did not have any galvanizing.  Galvanizing seems to be a nice place to
blame to all fit-up problems. I remember one complaint I specifially looked
at, was misaligned more than a 1/4".  I do not see how allowing an 1/8"
oversize hole would correct that.

My 37 cents

Ron Martin