Re: Reroofing

In a message dated 4/15/99 12:19:59 AM, ROgawa(--nospam--at)aol.com writes:
>Since the code allows this activity,  I see no reason to
>get excited.  Change the code.

Is anyone else bothered by the attitude that "anything in the code is okay
with me"?  In other words, if an existing building has a sheet of plywood in
each corner and 1/2" anchor bolts @ 6' oc it's code-compliant and therefore I
shouldn't even mention to an owner or potential owner that maybe it's just a
teeny bit less than we would like to see in a building?  Ignorance is bliss?

Just a thought.

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA