Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

re: Sound proofing existing timber structure

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
If the apartment building is located within the jurisdiction of the CBC, it
should have been insulated for sound at construction.  Anyway, you can contact
the California Office of Noise Control or The Gypsum Association.  These
organizations have reputable publications, listing many tested sound rated
assemblies for walls and floor/ceilings.  I do not how to get in contact with
them directly.  Let's hope others in our listserve can help.

Long T. Tang
---------- Original Text ----------

From: "Aswin Rangaswamy" <aswin(--nospam--at)>, on 4/16/99 12:03 PM:
To: iSMTP@Comp Ops@WILLDAN["Mail Server @ SEA International"

One of our clients who has a 4 story timber apartment structure wants to
sound proof ( rather reduce the noise level) in the floors.  Tenants have
been complaining that they are disturbed by people walking upstairs.

Are there any products available in the market which can do that cost
effectively?  The project is in southern california.

- Aswin