From: Charles Greenlaw [mailto:cgreenlaw(--nospam--at)speedlink.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 1999 11:13 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Teak and Mahogany

I recently saw use of what appeared to be one of these woods on a
residential deck, and for exterior stair treads. It appeared elegant. Also,
it felt good, but supports were much closer than you mention. My work for
the project however had nothing to do with these features.

I suggest that stiffness, not strength, is what realistically controls spans
of any deck planking. People do not like springy floors underfoot,
<snip>