RE: Slender Masonry Walls

My read is that the main criteria you must meet is to ensure that f'm < 600
p.s.i., deflection at midspan due to all applicable load combinations is
limited to .007h and that h'/t < 30 - also need to check out the interaction
diagrams & meet add'l criteria in the case of shear walls..........For a
good example of the design of a 24 ft high 8" CMU wall see:  Seismic Design
of Buildings & Bridges - Alan Williams, published by engineering
press...................J. Baltar