Re: Slender Masonry Walls

I wouldn't do it! In theory, you may be able to prove that it will work,
but I do not believe it can be built accurately enough using normal
construction tolerances and inspection. Engineering and Construction is
not an exact science! I am not sure we can predict eccentricities or
lateral loads all that accurately.  If it is built with normal
construction tolerances, how will it affect the stresses?

You might want to ask a contractor what the cost savings might be, if
any? Don't forget to have him include extra costs for possible special
construction procedures and inspection.

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.