RE: Slender Masonry Walls

Assuming you followed the P-Delta approach your wall should work fine. I
have been doing slender masonry walls for many years since the ultimate
strength approach for masonry was first developed by Gary Hart. It is really
no different than the alternate design for slender concrete walls in the
UBC. We did a Home Depot in El Cajon ten years ago with 8" walls. We did use
pilasters at the girders, however, because the thin walls won't figure at
the concentrated load.

Mark E. Deardorff, SE, President
Deardorff & Deardorff, Inc.
<mailto:MarkD(--nospam--at)DandDEng.com>
<http://www.DandDEng.com>