Norman Epstein, et al.`

Dear Sir: Your comments are appreciated. But, I am curious. In my own
experience, shoddy construction happens on strip malls, apartment houses, and
residences. (I assume.) Supposedly, we have building inspectors to catch
major violations in these areas, and deputy inspectors, such as myself, to
make sure the plans are complied with in major structures. Do you have any
anecdotes you can share?

Frankly, most design changes have the blessing of the engineer of record, in
my experience.

David Owens