Re: Welding Code AWS D1.1

I have been trying to teach my 3 1/2 year old son to stop saying "damn",
therefore I have to restrain myself from using harsh language to respond to
this thread. I would like to think that Mr. Wright just had a bad day,
otherwise I don't know why anybody would take the time and effort to
express opinion on an issue and at the same time be repulsive. It is
extremely disconcerting to see grown up professional engineers are
incapable of having a decent technical discussion without insulting each
other. We, as engineers often complain that our profession does not carry
enough prestige as compared to other professions. I begin to understand why
and I wonder what kind of message are we sending to the public when I
confront situations such as these. For us, engineers to gain recognition
and respect in our society and advance in other arenas, the most important
thing is our manners and not our knowledge of the codes.
Sincerely,
J. Karim Hosseinzadeh, SE