RE: ANOTHER VIRUS - If you receive an email titled "IT TAKES GUTS TO SAY 'JESUS'" DO NOT OPEN IT!

He really should know better.  Here is an excerpt from the IBM website
regarding e-mail virus hoaxes.  See how many of these characteristics are
present in the warning forwarded from Cy.

		Now we can define some rules to help us detect hoaxes
generically. To summarize what we've seen, a hoax will have some combination
of the following factors (but not necessarily all of them):

		   - It's a warning message about a virus (or occasionally a
Trojan) spreading on the Internet. (Some even describe a
		   - "Trojan horse virus." There is no such thing.)
		   - It's usually from an individual, occasionally from a
company, but never from the cited source.
		   - It warns you not to read or download the supposed
virus, and preaches salvation by deletion.
		   - It describes the virus as having horrific destructive
powers and often the ability to send itself by e-mail.
		   - It usually has lots of words in all caps and loads of
exclamation marks.
		   - It urges you to alert everyone you know, and usually
tells you this more than once.
		   - It seeks credibility by citing some authoritative
source as issuing the warning. Usually the source says the virus is
"bad" or has them "worried."
		   - It seeks credibility by describing the virus in
specious technical jargon.

To learn more about e-mail virus hoaxes, go the following link:
http://www.av.ibm.com/InsideTheLab/Bookshelf/WhitePapers/Wells/HOWTOSPOT/how
tospot.html
<http://www.av.ibm.com/InsideTheLab/Bookshelf/WhitePapers/Wells/HOWTOSPOT/ho
wtospot.html>

Christopher M. Cummings, P.E.
titled "IT TAKES GUTS TO SAY 'JESUS'" DO NOT OPEN IT!

		As a programmer, Cy should really know better.