Re: Comments and suggestions

At 10:28 AM 4/21/99 EDT, Yank wrote, in conclusion:

> ...since this forum should not be used to ridicule other peoples'
>opinions, [ ] sarcasm of any kind should be discouraged.

        To this I reply, yes....but no.

One wants to distinguish between ridiculing an opinion vs. ridiculing the
person holding the opinion. Never do the latter. Always respect the human
person behind any opinion.

Arguing opinions and policies however is a very fine use of this forum.
Sarcasm is a valuable tool of argument and criticism. I use it deliberately
in this forum and elsewhere, often to be entertaining while making my
serious point. But never with intent to be hurtful.

Charles O. Greenlaw  SE   Sacramento CA