Re: Comments and suggestions

In a message dated 4/21/99 12:05:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time, as a response
to:

 > Also, since this forum should not be used to ridicule other peoples'
 > opinions, the sarcasm of any kind should be discouraged.

polhemus(--nospam--at)insync.net writes:

<< I wonder if there is any such thing as "humor training"? >>

Maybe there is but ....It has been my observation that there are as many
types of humor as there are the number of people living on this planet plus
Jewish humor, American humor, Italian humor, Lithuanian humor, Zulu humor,
Novosibirsk humor, lawyers' humor, engineering humor, sick humor, porno
humor, and few others.

If anyone would want to get the "training" in such a diversity of types of
humor, the task would probably be not easy to accomplish.

It is, therefore, unrealistic to think about "humor training" unless only one
or two or even three types of humor are to be considered such as New York
humor, Mongolian humor, or Mr. Polhemus' -type of humor.......... On the
other hand maybe Mr. Polhemus -- taking into consideration his excellent
memory and vivid imagination --would be able to increase the number of types
of humor he can be "trained in" to some impressive two digit number.