Re: Let's Talk STAAD-PRO

I can't stand it anymore!!!  First, let me confess I've never used STAAD; I
have a friend/associate/competitor who bought it a few years ago and
declared it to be terrible.  Even tho' we are competitors, I value his
opinion -- especially when as "strong" as his were about the software.

But...  if STAAD is so bad, how is it that they can have a full-page ad on
page 3 of April's Modern Steel Construction?  If STAAD is so bad, it seems
the engineering community would boycott the company.

Does anyone have anything good to say about STAAD?  They must be doing
something right, if it's only marketing.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561

----------
> From: SHAR1210(--nospam--at)aol.com
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: Re: Let's Talk STAAD-PRO
> Date: Friday, April 23, 1999 8:42 PM
>
> StaadPro is a mess.  Aluminum code check does not work.

<snip>
StaadPro does
> not code check on Prismatic section on steel code check any more.

<snip>
> The biggest problem of all is wind generation.  Wind generated by program

> puts wind force at crossing of diagonals braces thereby putting bracing
in
> bending?  I brought this to Research Engineers' attention.  There is a
work
> around this, but very time consuming.

<snip>