RE: Let's Talk STAAD-PRO

>This is what I love about the software industry. The standard answer,
>whether from Microsoft or from Research Engineers--that probably describes
>the whole spectrum--is "program buggy or doesn't work?
It had to happen. Polhemus and I agree wholeheartedly on something. This
standard answer, coupled with, 'sounds like a hardware problem,' is
pretty common.

Between them, software bloat and bugs have more than kept pace with
hardware improvements. Used to be that checking the sprogs' work was a
part time job; now one engineer intern can run numbers fast enough to
keep a whole office busy figuring out if they're trustworthy. Someday
computers will be so fast that one engineer will be able to do all the
analysis in the world, and the rest of us will be checking the results
for programming errors.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw