RE: OPEN LETTER TO SAC, etc.

Rawn,

Thank you for the information on the formation of SAC.  I, like many
others, had forgotten that the SAC joint venture had been discussed
seriously prior to Northridge.  Certainly my comments, and I am sure others
as well, are directed specifically at SAC proposing on projects that
engineering firms are going after.  The idea of SAC is a very valid and
needed concept and should not be thrown away.  SAC serves a vital function
as a tool for our profession not as a competitor.  If the successful
consultant wishes to use SAC to perform the research portion of the
project, I think that is fine and may even be advantageous to the
consultant.  In the meantime, let SAC serve the profession as it was
intended and has since Northridge.