Sent: Monday, April 26, 1999 2:52 PM
Subject: RE: Let's Talk STAAD-PRO

Bill Polhemus wrote:

In fact, my point, in bringing up Microsoft--which it cannot be denied makes
buggy products; I have one on my computer at home, called "Windows 98," you
might have heard of it--is that market-share plus media/advertising presence
equals an intertia that is not easily overcome by less-important facts like
quality of the product.

For Research Engineers, or any company, to advertise it's product as having
the "most market presence" is disingenuous. For years, GM has had the
"biggest market presence" among world automakers, yet no one would translate
that as "best products on the market."

Bill:

I agree that Microsoft has a long history of selling bloated and buggy software.  However, comparing Windows98 to STAAD represents a terrible disservice to Microsoft, similar to comparing Bill Clinton to Slobodan Milosevic!

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Hockeytown, Texas