Dynamic loads on foundations[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Dynamic loads on foundations
- From: "Maria I. Falconi" <maisabel(--nospam--at)ecua.net.ec>
- Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 05:29:56 -0500
I need to design foundations for some large equipment (a gas turbine generator for a power plant). The thing weighs about 160 kips (800 kN), and is subjected to discrete dynamic loads at anchor points due to rotating equipment within the turbine. It sits on a mat spread out over 900 sq ft (80 m2). I also have to design a few other smaller foundations that also have dynamic loading. And this thing is located in a seismic 3 and hurricane zone (Dominican Republic).
Does anyone know where I can get some guidance on how to design these monsters, particularly with respect to dynamic loading.
Thanks in advance
Maria I. Falconi
- Prev by Subject: FWD: Dynamic Loading
- Next by Subject: Re: Dynamic loads on foundations
- Previous by thread: Re: Failure of Connection between Rafter and Ridge Bea
- Next by thread: Re: Dynamic loads on foundations