From: Maria I. Falconi <maisabel(--nospam--at)ecua.net.ec>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Date: Friday, April 30, 1999 5:40 AM
Subject: Dynamic loads on foundations

Hi all,

I need to design foundations for some large equipment (a gas turbine generator for a power plant).  The thing weighs about 160 kips (800 kN), and is subjected to discrete dynamic loads at anchor points due to rotating equipment within the turbine.  It sits on a mat spread out over 900 sq ft (80 m2).  I also have to design a few other smaller foundations that also have dynamic loading.  And this thing is located in a seismic 3 and hurricane zone (Dominican Republic).
  Does anyone know where I can get some guidance on how to design these monsters, particularly with respect to dynamic loading.

Thanks in advance
Maria I. Falconi