DEFINITION: "Full-Factored Live Load" in UBC '97 Para. 1908.9.2

Funny how your assumptions sometimes don't bear up when you actually
scrutinize them.

All along, I was assuming that live load "patterning" for analysis and
design of R/C buildings included use of such patterning when lateral loading
(such as wind) was part of the analysis.

However, I'm unsure about what to make of the referenced paragraph.  For
those without a UBC handy, I'll quote:

"1908.9.2 It is permitted to that the arrangement of live load is limited to
combinations of:

1. Factored dead load on all spans with FULL-FACTORED live load on two
adjacent spans, and
2. Factored dead load on all spans with FULL-FACTORED live load on alternate
spans."

[Emphasis mine].

Now that I read it, it seems to me that "full-factored" could be interpreted
as meaning "the greatest-factored live load," i.e. 1.4D + 1.7L, and that
live load in all other combinations [e.g. 0.75 (1.4D + 1.7L + 1.7W)] need
not be subjected to "patterning."

Am I wrong? If so, how do you interpret this, and how do you accomplish it
in your analysis?

Thanks.