New List Question

May 03, 1999 1:40 PM
--------------------------------
>From the Office
of Dennis S. Wish, PE
Editor - SEAINT Online
-----------
Dear SEAINT Listservice subscriber,
Last week I posed the question of starting a new list to discuss the creation
of templates for spreadsheets, MathCad, Visio Technical (parametric shapes
and libraries), CAD add-ons and much more. So far over 30 of you have
responded favorably.
I want the list to be closely linked to SEAINT Online since some of the
discussions are intended to cover tutorials that appear in Online. I would
also like to hear from others who would consider subscribing to another list
if the topics were expanded to include:

Discussions of office productivity software
Integrating Software
Document Archive and Retrieval
Peer help for common softwares (a very important issue)
FEM all levels including help for novices and creative uses for advanced users
Hardware tools in engineering private practices (topics on Palm PC's,
Handheld PC's using computers in the field etc.)
Digital Cameras and software for engineering use
Leasing software and other Internet services to engineers.
Visual Basic and other formal programing languages used in productive means

My thought is to keep the main SEAINT List devoted to hard engineering issues
and peer assistance. At the same time, those with more special interests in
Computers would have a greater depth of issues presented on the Online
Listservice.

Therefore, without trying to specialize in programing alone, how many would
be interested in a separate lists that covers the topics listed above as well
as any other computer related topic that would interest engineers.

PLEASE EMAIL ME YOUR COMMENTS AT:
SEAINTONLN(--nospam--at)AOL.COM
**********DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS LIST IN RESPECT TO THE OTHERS WHO MAY NOT BE
INTERESTED****************

Sincerely,

Dennis S. Wish, PE
Editor - SEAINT Online
publication of the Structural Engineers Association
of Southern California (SEAOSC)
SEAOSC Office - seaosc(--nospam--at)aol.com