RE: Beam cast on masonry wall

To Mr Rodrigo Lema:

As I understood the original question, it referred to cases where the load
had been assumed to be passing through the columns to the foundations, in
the design. I wonder if my understanding was correct. Mr Muft had said that
"beams are designed to span between columns. The masonry wall is, of
course, not load-bearing and rests either on plinth beam below or on
nominal foundation."

In contrast, what you have referred to is essentially bearing masonry,
which obviously would be a different system.

Rizwan Mirza