RE: light gage metal systems

Michelle:
Take a look at 1997 UBC Division VII.  This is a new section and the first
time that values for steel stud / structural sheathing shear walls has
appeared in the UBC.  Also note that Simpson Strong-Tie has a catalog that
deals specifically with framing hardware for light gage framing systems.  I
also suggest you contact AISC as they have a lot of helpful publications.

Henry David Kim
VECO Engineering Inc.
e-mail... HENRY.KIM(--nospam--at)VECO.COM
Office...(907) 762-1525 (voice) - (907) 762-1595 (fax)
Home...(907) 243-0918 (voice & fax)
Cell.......(907) 244-1553
APSC MS UPB5