From: Structeng1(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Structeng1(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 1999 2:53 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: light gage metal systems

Hi everyone,

We have a client that has requested us to investigate the possibility of
using light gage metal systems (metal studs, joists, shear walls, etc.) for
3- and 4- story housing building.  I've never used it (except for
non-bearing
walls) and I am having problems in finding technical information.  I know
that Angeles Metal Systems used to be pretty big in this area however the
telephone I get off of the internet has yielded nothing.

Does any one have any information such as manufacturer's, programs etc. to
help assist in the design of such a system?  The one problem that I foresee
is the use of metal studs shear walls and holdowns.  I'm not sure how that's
going to work.

Thanks,

Michelle