RE: light gage metal systems

Two of the major players in this are AISI (American Iron and Steel
Institute) and MSMA (Metal Stud Mfr's Assn).  You can get good info from
USG (They have a web site but don't know where phone-818-956-1882); and
Allied Studco (www.studco.com  800-877-8823) both good sources of
information.  AISI has a good design manual (they even offer training
seminars), but it ain't cheap.
JDC

On Tuesday, May 04, 1999 12:53 PM, Structeng1(--nospam--at)aol.com
[SMTP:Structeng1(--nospam--at)aol.com] wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We have a client that has requested us to investigate the possibility of
> using light gage metal systems (metal studs, joists, shear walls, etc.)
for