Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: light gage metal systems

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Two of the major players in this are AISI (American Iron and Steel 
Institute) and MSMA (Metal Stud Mfr's Assn).  You can get good info from 
USG (They have a web site but don't know where phone-818-956-1882); and 
Allied Studco (  800-877-8823) both good sources of 
information.  AISI has a good design manual (they even offer training 
seminars), but it ain't cheap.

On Tuesday, May 04, 1999 12:53 PM, Structeng1(--nospam--at) 
[SMTP:Structeng1(--nospam--at)] wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> We have a client that has requested us to investigate the possibility of
> using light gage metal systems (metal studs, joists, shear walls, etc.) 
> 3- and 4- story housing building.  I've never used it (except for 
> walls) and I am having problems in finding technical information.  I know 

> that Angeles Metal Systems used to be pretty big in this area however the 

> telephone I get off of the internet has yielded nothing.
> Does any one have any information such as manufacturer's, programs etc. 
> help assist in the design of such a system?  The one problem that I 
> is the use of metal studs shear walls and holdowns.  I'm not sure how 
> going to work.
> Thanks,
> Michelle