Avansee Comments

May 04, 1999 1:00 PM
--------------------------------
>From the Office
of Dennis S. Wish, PE
Editor - SEAINT Online
-----------
The Avansee offer was limited to the readers of the SEAINT Oline which was
published and distributed in December of 1998. Avansee agreed to make the
software available beginning January 10th 1999 continuing through the next 90
days.

The Listmembers where notified in December of the Avansee offer and started
to download copies around the 10th of January.

Unfortunately, we decided to create Online if PDF format and place it on our
server one quarter later than its original publication date. This falls
outside of Avansee's 90 day offer and I do not know if they will extend the
offer to those who did not take advantage of it initially.

I have not been in contact with the company for some months and do not know
their current status. However, I invite all of you that wish to start a user
support program to do so on the new SEAINT ONline Listservice (see my
announcment earlier today). I only ask that you preface your subject line
with the name of the software in order to make it easier for other members to
filter messages.

I look forward to seeing members help members on the Online Listservice.

Sincerely,

Dennis S. Wish, PE
Editor - SEAINT Online
publication of the Structural Engineers Association
of Southern California (SEAOSC)
SEAOSC Office - seaosc(--nospam--at)aol.com