ASD Seismic Load Combinations

With reference to ASD seismic requirements for structural steel
design using the Californian Building Code (CBC).

The CBC requires that design conforms to AISC 1989 and chapter
22 covers steel design. There is a distinction made between normal
allowable stress limits and the nominal strength of structural
members (not refering to LSD).

For example in Division V (chapter 22 section 2211.5 in Part II for
ASD) the nominal strength is referred to as 1.7*allowable
stress*resistance factor. Resistance factors are given for ASD.
This is applicable to sections D,E,F,G,J and K. (what are these
sections?)  Part I is for LRSD.

Are the usual ASD load combinations used for these forces (& moments)
 or are the LSD combinations used instead ?

The ASD alternative (section 2211.5 part II) to the LSD code reads:
"When using ASD, the provisions of Part I (LSD) of these seismic
provisions shall apply except the following sections shall be
substituted for, or added to, the appropriate sections as indicated." Some changes to Part I are then given for ASD but no load combinations are given. This suggests by default that Part I load combinations should be used ?

Would someone be so kind as to explain what this means?

Regards,
Stan