Re: Special Listservice for Spreadsheet and other types of programing?

From: Seaintonln(--nospam--at)aol.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Special Listservice for Spreadsheet and other types of programing?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 21:27:11 EDT

Apr 29, 1999 6:19 PM
--------------------------------
From the Office
of Dennis S. Wish, PE
Editor - SEAINT Online
-----------
I am considering asking Shafat to start a new listservice that will be
dedicated to the discussion of template creations. This will include learning
to create spreadsheet programs, Mathcad templates, Viso shapes and
parametrics and creative uses of other programs common to our profession.
I know that there are other forums and newsgroups devoted to these subjects, but I think that most of you would prefer to keep the discussions related to
structural engineering calculations.
	SEND YOUR COMMENTS TO ME AT SEAINTONLN(--nospam--at)AOL.COM AND NOT TO THE LIST.
I suspect that this could raise a few comments from many of you and I will
report my survey to the list rather than take the bandwidth.

I would be very interested in doing this as we have some very talented people on the list that might offer their experiences to helping others. I think the
education can do us all some good.
Also, this invites many of you software vendors to provide help for the
creative use of your software or to stop the misuse of your product.

Let me know what you think.

Sincerely,

Dennis S. Wish, PE
Editor - SEAINT Online
publication of the Structural Engineers Association
of Southern California (SEAOSC)
SEAOSC Office - seaosc(--nospam--at)aol.com