Re: Dynamic loads on foundations

i´m interess, but i dont seep inglshi(very very very bad)
i´m portuguese, but talj portugues, espanhol, italiano(+/-) e francees(+/---)
tchiau

From: "Maria I. Falconi" <maisabel(--nospam--at)ecua.net.ec>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Dynamic loads on foundations
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 05:29:56 -0500

Hi all,

I need to design foundations for some large equipment (a gas turbine generator for a power plant). The thing weighs about 160 kips (800 kN), and is subjected to discrete dynamic loads at anchor points due to rotating equipment within the turbine. It sits on a mat spread out over 900 sq ft (80 m2). I also have to design a few other smaller foundations that also have dynamic loading. And this thing is located in a seismic 3 and hurricane zone (Dominican Republic). Does anyone know where I can get some guidance on how to design these monsters, particularly with respect to dynamic loading.

Thanks in advance
Maria I. Falconi