RE: light gage metal systems

The American Iron and Steel Institute has information on this. There on the web at www.steel.org.

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From:	Structeng1(--nospam--at)aol.com [SMTP:Structeng1(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent:	Tuesday, May 04, 1999 1:53 PM
To:	seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject:	light gage metal systems

Hi everyone,

We have a client that has requested us to investigate the possibility of
using light gage metal systems (metal studs, joists, shear walls, etc.) for
3- and 4- story housing building.  I've never used it (except for non-bearing
walls) and I am having problems in finding technical information.  I know
that Angeles Metal Systems used to be pretty big in this area however the
telephone I get off of the internet has yielded nothing.

Does any one have any information such as manufacturer's, programs etc. to
help assist in the design of such a system?  The one problem that I foresee
is the use of metal studs shear walls and holdowns.  I'm not sure how that's
going to work.

Thanks,

Michelle