Re: Airport Taxiway Bridges

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] "Jane's All The World's Aircraft" has some fairly exhastive information on aircraft weights, cargo capacities, and dimensions (as well as photographs).  They also have contact information for the manufacturers.  Contrary to the name, not "all the world's aircraft" are in any given addition, as they are published yearly and do not reprint everything in each edition, so browsing through several year's worth can be involved.  Even that will only cover today's planes in great detail; some bigger ones are already in the planning stages with relatively little hard information available...  so, one would need to be quite specific with the client about what sort of expectations there are.

Paul Crocker

Bill Polhemus wrote:

To my surprise, we've not been able to get much information about design of
these.

FAA has a "circular" that devotes about 1 1/2 pages to some general
information.

In particular, we've got to worry about "Group VI Aircraft," and the loading
therefrom.

I am inclined to believe that using the AASHTO code is sort of
counterproductive since many of the assumptions made therein (esp. load
factors) aren't really applicable for a taxiway bridge.

Also, I have tried in vain to find information on the wheel loading pattern
for the Antonov 124 "Ruslan" cargo aircraft, which will be, I believe, the
"big enchilada" governing design of our bridge.

Anyone got any references for me?

Thanks.
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org