RE: Fortran Compiler Versions

The significance of this discussion is not clear to me. If you are
buying the executable version of a software, that is going to run
stand-alone, why is the compiler choice important?  Ofcourse, I am
assuming that both versions of the software are identical in all
respects except for the compiler used for their compilation.

Is this not equivalent to asking whether you want Autocad2000 compiled
with compiler X or Y?

Cheers.

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Waterman Drinkwater wrote:
> Both Compag (Digital) and Lahey are high efficient fortran compilers. In
> my personal opinion, both are excellent. We just received the newest
> version Lahey Fortran 95 Pro v5.5 yesterday (not installed yet). Compag
> also has a new version T6.1 in beta testing. I like both Fortran
> compilers, and program in Fortran.
>
> dw

Ravi Sinha, Ph.D.		email: rsinha(--nospam--at)gemini.civil.iitb.ernet.in
Associate Professor		       rsinha(--nospam--at)civil.iitb.ernet.in
Department of Civil Engineering	       Phone: (91-22)-576-7336, 576-7301
IIT, Powai, Bombay - 400 076, India    Fax: (91-22)-578-3480, 578-3557