Computer Related Listservice is now ready!

May 06, 1999 1:19 PM
--------------------------------
>From the Office
of Dennis S. Wish, PE
Editor - SEAINT Online

Send a email to -  ADMIN(--nospam--at)SEAINT.ORG

You do not need to enter a subject line - it will be ignored.

In the body of the message type - "join online" (without the quotes)

send your  message. You will receive confirmation that you have been added to
the list.

Over 50 of you have responded to me on this list and privately in favor of
the new list. I hope you will take advantage of the service.

Groundrules,
Until we can smooth these out, I suggest the following rules be applied to
the list:

1. Any discussion of hardware and software is welcome - no limits. Engineers
need to discuss computer related subjects with other engineers since we have
similar experiences and needs.

2. Please preface your message subjects with a simple one word Identifier
(Spreedsheet or SPDSHT or XLS). This will help many of use who filter
messages cut through the many messages we receive daily and do not wish to
read.

3. Do not submit data files through the List. This will clog up the bandwidth
and discourage most of those on the list that do not want to receive the
files. Send the files diectly to those who wish to receive them AND/OR send
them to me at seaintonln(--nospam--at)aol.com for posting on the Website or and FTP
address once available. I am limited in time right now and would like to work
on a Webpage, but can't afford the time.
If anyone with Webpage experience would like this task, just let me know. You
can create the page in Frontpage 98. It can then be sent to Shafat Qazi our
webmaster for addition to the SEAINT Website. This will help simplify
downloads for those who are not familiar with FTP sites.

4. Tutorials are always welcome. If you are interested in certain features of
the software you use - share the knowledge with the rest of us. I will be
happy to publish your tutorial in Online for those who are not subscribers to
the list.

5. Users groups are welcome to participate. As long as you start your subject
with the name of the software, there is no reason that I can see to restrict
the list from users helping users. This is a very useful service to all of us.

6. Enough rules. I hope that we can all enjoy the new list and I look forward
to seeing some great information.

BTW, CAD topics are welcome (as someone had asked).

Sincerely,

Dennis S. Wish, PE
Editor - SEAINT Online
publication of the Structural Engineers Association
of Southern California (SEAOSC)
SEAOSC Office - seaosc(--nospam--at)aol.com